Henderson Services Pty Ltd
Protecting your privacy
Your Information: Refers to your personal information as that is defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH).
Credit Reporting Policy: Sets out how we manage your “credit information” and “credit eligibility information” as this applies to you and is our credit reporting policy for the purposes of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH).
Your Information held by us may include all or some of the following
- your name;
- date of birth;
- current and previous addresses; telephone or mobile phone numbers; email addresses;
- bank account or credit card details;
- proof of identity such as your driver’s licence number or passport number;
- login password;
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores; and
- if you are an employment candidate we may collect other information as further set out in application forms or as a part of the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your previous employment, working eligibility rights, suitability for the applied for role and referee details.
We may also collect other information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information may be retained with Your Information and may include the following:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services that you have purchased from Henderson Services. This may include your shopping history, product types, specifications or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- information we require to deliver or fulfil warranty obligations;
- your marketing preferences including the type of marketing material you wish to receive and the method of delivery;
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, applications forms or directly to team members within our stores;
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet or other device to interact with us through our online store (www.drkaylenehenderson.com). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
You may choose not to provide certain personal information. However, if this is the case, we may not be able to provide you with the services you have indicated that you require.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our web site. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited. You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How we hold Your Information
Your Information may be stored by us in hard copy or electronic format, in data storage facilities either owned by us or operated by our service providers. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security of Your Information.
How we collect Your Information
Your Information may be collected from you in a number of ways:
- From you directly when you provide your personal details through our website, by phone or email or complete our forms;
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives; From publicly available information;
- From organisations identified under the heading of “When we disclose your personal information”;
- From conversations with our team members; From your visits to our website;
- If you are a candidate for employment, when you complete the forms in relation to recruitment and the selection process and from your nominated referees;
- From time to time, legislation may require that we collect certain personal information.
How Your Information is used
We may use Your Information to:
- provide you with products and services that you have requested from us; communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers
- and events which might interest you;
- answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide Your Information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services that you have requested, such as delivery service providers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Henderson Services and service providers provide products and services to you;
- consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at Henderson Services.
When we disclose Your Information
We may need to disclose Your Information to organisations outside of Henderson Services for any of the uses outlined in “How Your Information is Used”. Any disclosure of Your Information in this way is limited to what is required for us to provide products and services to you. These organisations carry out various functions for us including information technology services, customer enquiries, debt- recovery functions, installation, maintenance and repair services, marketing, telemarketing and market research and website analysis.
All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to Your Information.
We may also disclose Your Information to:
- our employees, contractors or service providers to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application;
- and Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us via email, SMS or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you receive the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
All reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that Your Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, current and complete. However, the accuracy of Your Information is largely dependent on your providing accurate information to us.
Please let us know if you see any errors in Your Information and keep us up to date with any changes.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to access any of Your Information that we hold. If you would like to access Your Information, please contact us using the contact details set out below. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for searching for and providing that information to you.
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). We will acknowledge your complaint promptly and give you an estimated timeframe within which we will respond to your complaint. We will seek to resolve any complaints with you directly. However, you may wish to lodge a complaint with a regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit Reporting Policy